It has been a great two years of blogging, there have been some periods with tons of posts and some periods of nothingness, but I still enjoy blogging and hope you enjoy the content I provide. In keeping with tradition (2 years in a row makes a tradition right?) here is some info about my blog in the past year:
Most commonly searched keyword that brings people to my site: "low-cal peach bellini"
1 My analytics was not working properly for practically the entire month of December, so the numbers are definitely off.
2 Blogger shows a different total number of page views from google analytics, so I'm not really sure why the difference, but this number looks great!
Last year I set a few goals for myself, here's what they were and how I did with them:
- Gain more regular readership - I think I accomplished this one a little, I do have more email subscribers and a more widespread audience, but I'd still love more readers. I had a few posts that I tweeted about and were subsequently re-tweeted which drove a lot of visitors to the site.
- Average 2 posts per week - This did not happen. But if I discount my summer hiatus I think I almost hit this goal.
- Have more reader comments and interaction - Huge thanks to all you who comment! I love to read comments and respond to them, keep it up.
Blog Goals for the next year:
- Build more great content. Please let me know what you want to read about!
- Try again for 2 posts a week average
- More readers
- More comments
- More promotion on my part to get readers and comments by tweeting and posting on facebook
- Switch over to a different blogging platform since Bloggers text editor and photo options are limited and a struggle (ie. not being able to make a table).
And Shariously big thanks to all my readers (and editors), keep spreading the word. And thanks for allowing to use so many exclamation marks in this post.